Sunday, October 6, 2013

Enon


Enon
Enon

Paul Harding

ISBN: 978-1-4000-6943-9

Sept 2013

*I received this uncorrected galley from NetGalley*

5 Stars

Charlie Crosby, grandson of George Crosby from Tinkers, is our narrator through a very difficult time in his life.  The loss of someone he loves dearly brings Charlie’s life to a crossroads where the worst grief imaginable is threatening to overcome his life and turn it into something unrecognizable.

There were many times during reading that I asked myself why I was still reading. There is nothing happy or easy about this novel. The story shows a very ugly side of grief; a side that is very realistic and devastating. To say this is a depressing story is an understatement but I kept on reading. Honestly I couldn’t have put this one down even when I wanted to. Mr. Harding’s writing is what kept me reading. It’s not about the wonderful flow of his words (which is undeniable), but the honesty of his words. He knows how to paint a breathtaking picture with words, even from the most heartbreaking of words.

I clearly recommend this one.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment