Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Dinner

The Dinner
Since giving a synopsis could easily lead to a spoiler I won't do that with this one.
I thought about what I would say about this one all day.  Not writing anything at all about it crossed my mind a lot. My about this novel are hard to desribe while making any sense. The negative for me was little irritations that might be overlooked by other readers.  The narrator refuses to give some details and I am one of those people who like to have all the facts. That drove me crazy.
There was not one character that I found likable. In fact there were a couple that I despised.  The plot was infuriating and when I closed the book I hated the outcome so much that I felt ill.  Ironically I kept reading and wanting to read it despite all of that so that it is why there are four stars and that I have to say that it was a really good book.  The author drew me in and gave me an emotional ride that I will never forget. 
I do recommend this one, but it comes with a warning...You will probably be disturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment