Friday, March 1, 2013

Finished Beautiful Creatures!

Beautiful Creatures4 Stars!
It took me a long time to get to this book.  The reason being was that when it was first recommended to me a couple of years ago it was compared to Twilight.  I am a fan of the Twilight series (the books a lot more so than the movies) but the first thing that came to mind was the infamous love triangle.  For some reason that is the first thing I think of whenever Twilight is mentioned (not vampires and werewolves... oh my).  That being said, I didn't bother even reading the description of this one.  I knew I would read it eventually but if there was a love triangle there was no way I could take it.  I know triangles are all the rage right now and there have been arguments about if they are necessary in good romance (in my opinion- no they are not necessary) but I have to be in the mood and I wasn't. 
Now I could kick myself in the bum! 
It was a slow start and for awhile (I admit) I didn't think it was going to happen but when it grabbed me it wouldn't let go!  I spent yesterday with this one (I have been sick so lazing with a book almost all day is completely acceptable) and as soon as I got up this morning I had it back in my hands. There was laughter and tears--oh and BABY SQUIRRELS. If it wouldn't have taken a bit to grab me it would have 5 stars.  I juggled with that number for awhile too.
So needless to say I am anxious to get the rest of the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment