Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ex-Patriots

Ex-Patriots (Ex-Heroes, #2)
 
Ex- Patriots

Peter Clines

ISBN: 978-0-8041-3659-4

This is a sequel in a series so please keep that in mind while reading this review.

*I won this book through library thing*

4 Stars

As the heroes continue to protect the citizens of the Mount from the plague of ex-humans the fact of their dwindling supplies weighs heavily on their minds. It seems the Army, bringing the hope of a rescue that they have all been waiting for, shows up in the nick of time.  Even better is the fact that there is a secret base in Arizona and that base is protected by a platoon of super- soldiers. Unfortunately for them to all work together they first must confront the dark secret at the heart of the base and fight an even darker enemy.

Getting my complaints out of the way in the beginning seems to work best. First, there are a lot of minor characters to keep track of. After awhile some seemed to just all blend up together in a glob. Luckily they were only minor characters and easily separated from more vital ones. Second, it took me a little while to get into it.  That is really just a side not since that was only for the first quarter or so of the novel. It worried me since I really liked Ex-Heroes.

The characters’ unique personalities have to be the biggest positive. The heroes are so different but they work so well together. Their weaknesses are also more apparent which only makes them seem more vivid and either likable or not.  Of course the action is another major positive point. There is no shortage of nail biting fight scenes and they are so well described that I could easily imagine it all in my head as I read along.  As a zombie fan I will always appreciate when someone does something unique with the genre and the author pulls that off again. I absolutely recommend this novel. If you haven’t read Ex-Heroes….what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment