Friday, January 10, 2014

In the Blood


In the Blood
In the Blood

Lisa Unger

9781451691177

January 2014

5 Stars

*I received this galley from NetGalley*

Lana Granger lives a life of lies.  Even for her the lies and reality have become a blur of confusion.

 When she learns that her trust fund is almost depleted right before college graduation she takes a job babysitting Luke, who she soon discovers, is a challenging child.  His controlling and manipulative ways have gotten him expelled from almost every school he attends but he can’t get under her skin so easily. Then her best friend and roommate, Beck, goes missing. Suspicion surrounds Lana and her life of lies starts to unravel. She starts to put the pieces together but someone else seems to have all the answers already.

If I could have stopped all outside interference this book would not have been put down for more than a few minutes.  I was drawn in and hooked right away. Since I tend to figure things out pretty quickly I need a novel like this that has subtle mysteries or twists that go along with the main plot.  It’s the subtle points that surprise me and keep me on the edge of my seat.  Pacing is very important in this genre and this one seems flawless in that regard.  The characters are also very well developed for this plot. Dysfunctional protagonists are among my favorite to read and the psychological characteristics of all the characters made them more interesting. To sum it up; this novel is very well rounded.

I really don’t have any complaints about this novel and will easily recommend it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment