Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Godborn (The Sundering #2)


The Godborn (The Sundering #2)

Paul S. Kemp

ISBN: 978-0-7869-6373-7

October 2013

4 Stars
The Godborn (The Sundering, #2)
 
*I received this galley from NetGalley*

Since this book is the sequel of an ongoing series and the characters are also part of a very large storyline I will leave the synopsis alone.

As someone who just discovered this storyline I found myself a little intimidated by the amount of characters, especially since some of the names are very similar.  Fortunately that problem didn’t last long and I easily caught onto a rhythm.

The world building is incredible and easily imaginable with all of the other plot elements. Action is so important in this genre and this novel does not fail to deliver. There’s just the right amount to keep a good pace but also not too much making the story feel cluttered or like its being fluffed.  The characters are so well developed that I was even able to sympathize with some of the antagonists. There’s a lot to the plot other than the obvious; things that anyone could find relevant and relate to if they prod a little below the surface.

I recommend this to fantasy fans, especially those familiar with these characters backgrounds. I also recommend this series to readers just starting in the fantasy genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment