Monday, March 25, 2013

Shards & Ashes

Shards and Ashes5 Stars! http://www.harpercollinscatalogs.com/harper/507_2402_333139333437.htm#readmore
All of these stories are great in their own way, but of course I have a couple of favorites.
The first being the very first story in the book, Hearken by Veronica Roth. Music makes this story feel lighter than the context and adds a touch of beauty to a sad story. Also the relationship between mother and daughter gives it realistic substance. I actually went back and read Hearken again and it's a story that will stick with me.
The next one I will mention is Corpse Eaters by Melissa Marr. First of all it has a cool title. Again the relationships make this one that I want to emphasize. As a reader I like to make connections to characters and it's usually a character's relationships that either pull me in or drop me. The plot is also good, but that came in second place to the characters.
I obviously recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment